For our client, an international financial institution based in Amsterdam, we are looking for an experienced Ops Engineer. Job description:
In this challenge, you work at the banking headquarter in Amsterdam and you are a part of the highly motivated squad with an Agile way of working. You work together with your colleagues (6 Developers, 1 Ops Engineer), who are specialised in Linux and Java.
You will be responsible for operational activities, such as managing and monitoring applications and infrastructure services. You make sure that our client’s products and services are available.
You are a master at multitasking, so you are able to manage all activities including taking care of meetings, coaching of colleagues, documentation and administration. You are familiar with large (financial) organizations and you understand all critical data is properly monitored.
You are a communicative person, who would like sometimes to change into a Scrum Master role. Although, you have already a lot of technical knowledge, you will remain eager to learn and you would like to develop yourself continuously. You are happy to share your knowledge with your colleagues within the team. Job requirements:
- Proven track record in this role, preferably in an international (banking) environment;
- Experience with OS (Linux, Redhat);
- Understanding of Java (programming knowledge is not needed);
- Extensive knowledge of scripting;
- Familiarity with SQL queries and preferably knowledge of Oracle;
- Experience with CI and CD (e.g. Gitlab, Jenkins, Maven, Docker);
- Experience with Ansible is a big plus;
- Great English (and preferably also Dutch) communication skills, verbal as well as written.
Are you interested in this challenge? Do not hesitate to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter. Start:
min. 5 yeasr of experience