For an interesting high-tech client, we are looking for a top of the line DevOps consultant with experience from C#/.NET development
The client creates and delivers software integration of Eye tracking and on commercial PCs in partnership with major OEMs like Dell Alienware, Acer and MSI.
By integrating eye tracking and other user-facing sensors tightly with the Windows 10 operating system, applications running on the device can better understand the intention of the user.
By knowing the intention of the user, it is possible to support user interactions in new, revolutionary, ways and empower the user to use the system more efficiently and naturally.
The end-user products that the client integrate with a sensor technology and features has good visibility in press, social media and electronic shows and reaches end-users all over the world.
A majority of the software is developed in C# .NET, but some parts are built in C/C++. The distribution channels are Windows Update and Windows Store and distribution mediums are MSI installers and Windows drivers (DCH INF).
The team currently consists of a product owner, seven dedicated developers and four quality assurance engineers as well as one visual UX designer. The team is dynamically organized into 2-3 Scrum teams based on current focus areas, but one Scrum team is focusing on CI/CD and delivering to customer which is where you as a consultant in the team will also focus your efforts. Education:
Work life experience:
- At least B. Sc. in computer science or equivalent
Experience / Skills (must haves):
- At least 4 years’ experience relevant for building and distributing complex software products as well as desktop application development experience including automated system tests
- Experienced in establishing CI/CD & DevOps in practice
- Basic scripting knowledge in Powershell
- Build scripts like Cake, MSBuild, Cmake and similar
- Build systems Jenkins (what the client use) or similar
Experience / Skills (nice to haves):
- Windows eco-system development and deployment
- Agile or Scrum software development and ways of working
- Experience of software integration projects
- In-depth knowledge of UWP, WPF
- Experience of WINAPI development in C/C++ or C#
This role includes, but is not limited to:
- Improve and simplify mono repo structure and how software is built
- Automize build and test targets in Cake, Jenkins, Artifactory and Microsoft Portal
- Desktop application development on Windows using C# .NET
- Cooperate with other teams, external partners and customers
- Together with the team and the product owner work according to agile development principles
Who you are:
- Contribute to the product roadmap, user-story refinement and planning together with the rest of the team to meet delivery deadlines
- Someone who is curious about technology and dedicates time to keep up to date with technology trends relevant for the role
- Someone that is self-driven, find and propose solutions to problems and challenges
- Someone who thinks knowledge-sharing is important, is easy going, invites and participates in discussions with team members and members of other teams to solve the task at hand
- Someone that really wants to amaze our customers, is customer-oriented and proactively wants to provide the best products and service possible both externally and internally
- A team player that likes to solve problems together with others
- Someone who has a passion for software development and producing readable, reusable, efficient, testable and well-tested code
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.