In this role you'll be responsible for QA in Hadoop based systems. You’ll both work with exploratory testing of internal web applications as well as automated data validation related to the pipelines.
We are looking for a person with the right mindset and motivation above all else. You will have to, mostly by yourself, learn every detail of how the applications works and be able to quickly undersand the system and how your work affects the end result. You can not expect to receive any test plans or written test cases, but rather developers who describe the features that results in exploratory testing where to find as many bugs as possible.
In the role you must be able to understand the distributed Hadoop based systems in order to efficiently write test code that verifies the data. The developers in the team are busy and expect structured bug reports with all the necessary information to hunt down the bug.
- Executing manual exploratory tests on web app and file error reports for found bugs
- Test automation and data validation
- Take ownership of QA tasks within the team
- Provide QA reports to management
- Able to wear multiple hats, do what it takes ability and attitude
- Self motivation and ability to take own initiatives. This includes finding ways forward and decide where to drill down.
- Ability to work with limited and general instructions and make assumptions when needed is required
- Significant experience and knowledge from exploratory testing in web applications.
- Experience writing automated tests for REST API and Micro services
- Experience in test automation writing code in Java and/or Scala
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in providing crisp status reports to management.
- Working knowledge from Git, Jenkins and Gradle
Extra Merit Qualifications
- Experience in hands-on test management
- Experience in big data ETL and data streaming
long term assignment
Min. 5 years of professional IT experience.